Thursday 1 January 2009

The Clent Hills, Worcestershire, UK

Submitted By: Methuselah
Location: Worcestershire, UK (map)
Website: Wikipedia entry
Workouts: from workout diary


I am going to keep this brief, because my experience of the Clent Hills is limited to a single outing, following a single route which I suspect to be the route taken by the hordes. I have no doubt there are walks of great beauty and relative isolation to be had on the slopes of the Clent Hills. However, if you plan to park at the Fountain pub and follow the popular trail that leads to the café and car park, might I suggest you make plans to have your shoes disinfected when you return and don't take along anyone who is nervous of dogs.

That said, provided you have no qualms about dog faeces, the standard trail makes for good running. I hope to explore and report back on other routes in due course.

For those based in the Birmingham in the UK, this represents a closer option for hill running than The Wrekin or Malvern Hills, albeit with less challenging terrain.

0 comments: