Sunday 27 June 2010

Heart Rate Tells Hill Training Story

I thought it would be interesting to describe today's Wrekin workout from a heart-rate perspective. Follow the blue line - that's my heart rate. Starts at 60, maxes out at 193 (time to the top: 18:51), then stays at around 100 during the walking at the end. Altitude is the red line. Couple of photos underneath, including lunch photo. Lots of sun in the UK at the moment. It's a joy.




On the way back up the Light Side, after meeting Mrs M


Resting and waiting for Mrs M after the fast descent of a steep section


Two hours later, lunch at home - crab, avocado, rocket


2 comments:

Lightning said...

Nice action M. I've got no chance of keeping up with you next weekend. I'm hoping for a PB though.

Methuselah said...

The descent is going to be very tough on the Vibram crew (of one, unless Steve pitches up!) - and unless my bruised heel gets better, I reckon you'll do some serious catching up on the way down!