Saturday 26 June 2010

Vibram Five Fingers Hit Wimbledon

That was a cheap trick. Apologies if you visited this post expecting to learn that Andy Roddick had played his third round match in a pair of Vibram Five Fingers.

As you've no doubt guessed from the photo, it was only my Vibrams that graced court number 1 yesterday, and only in the stalls. I sneaked in a quick photo with my foot up before the place filled up and we became sardine-like spectators.

In the morning, before heading to Wimbledon, there was time for a mini-hike up Box Hill, the not-very-high, second highest point in the South East of England. Or something like that. Glorious sunshine, so a chance to get some vitamin D into the bargain.

Top off, to soak up the rays and vitamin d


The scenic route up to Box Hill


The view from the top of Box Hill, with Dorking below

Before I started blogging, when I lived in London, I would run up and down Box Hill with the weighted vest 3 or 4 times on Sunday mornings. One particular route is even tougher than the Wreken Dark Side, albeit not as high. The path is almost like a meandering staircase with steps too large to trot up, forcing large, energy-sapping strides.

Needless to say, Mrs M and I took the scenic route this time.

The first matchAndy RoddickVenus Williams

At the tennis, we saw some European guys, then Venus Williams, then Andy Roddick against some German guy. The difference between the first men's game and the one with Roddick was phenomenal. Roddick is like a man possessed. I can't imagine what Federer is like to watch live.

5 comments:

4 Winds said...

The feet of fame!
The Williams sisters are awesome units - could watch em all day..........

Methuselah said...

Indeed. She did make short work of the other lady. There were a couple of games where she needed to dig a little deeper, but it never felt in doubt.

Primal Toad said...

Aha! That was a very nice trick. But, I enjoyed the pictures nonetheless. I really like your blog too. I can't believe I never really visited it before! I will be back often as you are now in my google reader :) Your sister blog too!

Methuselah said...

Thanks Toad - glad you liked it. Have bookmarked your blog for a later read...

Unknown said...

Love the fact that your Vibram Five Fingers
have already been to the Wimbledon! :) love those shoes!