Friday 25 June 2010

400 Metre Intervals - CrossFit Endurance Style

Location: Birmingham City, UK
Date: 24th June

Workout
3 x ~370 metre intervals (up a shallow hill)
~ 3 minute rest (as I walked back)

Sprint times: 1:05, 1:04, 1:05

Total Time: 10 minutes

Post Workout Nutrition: scrambled eggs with coconut cream and cocoa, 90 minutes later.

I got this session just about right. I did each one at about 90% of the theoretical possible speed. So the final one left me pretty toasted, but I avoided my legs becoming unduly fatigued.

It is just over a week until I have a tough race, and important I don't get carried away with fitness training and jeopardise my readiness by overdoing it.

I haven't read much on CrossFit Endurance yet, although I did look at it briefly last year. Broadly, the idea is to use longer intervals (instead of the 'Primal' 10-15 seconds protocol I tend to follow) to train for longer events. This was behind my 370-metre work today.

If nothing else, it feels good to be mixing it around - something I imagine hunters 'in the wild' would have done naturally.

0 comments: