Thursday 5 August 2010

The Random 225

Location: Woodcock Sports Centre, Aston University
Day:Yesterday, Thursday

Workout: The Random 225 (Upper Body)

Time:
25:23

Post Workout Nutrition:Eggs, strawberries, coconut cream, cocoa an hour later, then sardines, salmon, peppers and walnuts a few hours after that.


This routine is a way to make things more interesting, and, as always, pack as much intense work into a short space of time as I can.

I like the idea of trying to better my time through brute force, better fitness and strategic choice of exercise, order and timing. I was toasted by the end, and doing 2 reps on the weighted chin ups.

In this case, I used the same weights given as examples on the The Random 225 (Upper Body) page.

Here were the reps (but not the order) of the exercises:

Weighted Chin Ups - 8,5,3,3,2,2,2
Push ups - 20,15,10,5
Floor Wipers - 40,35,25
Clean and Press with Dumbbell - 10,10,5 (on each arm)
Upright row 10,10,10,10,10

0 comments: