Tuesday 27 July 2010

Weights and Good Viddles

Location: Woodcock Sports Centre, Aston University
Date
: 27th July

Workout
5 x 5 Chin Ups (weighted - 15kg, 10kg, 7.5kg, 0kg!)
5 x 5 Dumbbell Bench Press (30kg, 28kg, 26kg, 24kg)

Then alternated:
3 x 20 Ab Crunches (slow, bringing legs towards my head at the same time, and squeezing hard)
3 x 10 Alternating Dumbbell Upright Rows (18kg)

Then alternated:
5 x 5 Romanian Deadlift (with dumbbells - 48kg, 44kg x 4)
5 x 5 Barbell curls

Total Time: 40 minutes

Food, an hour later:


I have been losing a lot of weight recently (more on that here) and getting a bit twitchy about muscle loss. Having run a long mountain race on Saturday (post here), my options for intense exercise were limited to non-quad and non-calf affecting activities.

Thus, an old-school, mainly-upper-body, throw-some-weights around session with my gym partner seemed like the ideal tonic, followed by a day of good eating. This was lunch:

...and I am about to tuck into a whole rabbit for dinner. Tomorrow I shall fast, then on Thursday I will hit the pool for some underwater lengths but a more modest day of eating.

0 comments: