Wednesday 29 September 2010

Chest to Failure and Organ Meat Bonanza

Location: Woodcock Sports Centre, Aston University
Day: 6.50 am - Tuesday - 28st September

Dumbbell Chest Press 1x5@30kg, 2x5@32kg, 1x5@30kg, 1x4@30kg (touch for last rep)
3 x 20 Ab Crunches (with a 1/2-second squeeze)
Upright Rows with barbell (EZ bar, wider grip) 2x10@35kg, 1x10@30kg
Dumbbell Shoulder Press 2x5@20kg, 1x5@18kg, 1x5@16kg, 1x5@14kg
Push Ups - 8, slow, high quality, last one failed

45-60 seconds between sets

Total Time: 29 minutes

Nutrition (higher carb, lower fat on workout day, based on my Leangains experiment):

20 minutes before: 10g BCAA
1 hour after: 10g BCAA
3 hours after: 10g BCAA
Lunch @ 11.20am - liver, yam & beetroot with lemon and a banana
Dinner @ 7.30pm - a hare's torso (complete with organs), fried pig's kidneys, yam & veggies

I just went for it with the weights today. I felt fresh and strong, so I ignored my plans to alternate easy with hard. I was rewarded with progress on dumbbell chest - two good sets at 32kg and two more at 30kg.

I read an article on Conditioning Research the other day that reminded me what I had already read in the BBS book - that 7 days may be too small a rest period if you are going to failure. I may need to keep this in mind. Everyone is different, of course. I will see how I get on next week; but I must not assume that 'Tuesday is chest day' is a useful marker.

Today was an interesting food day - all kinds of organ and yam for the first time. I definitely overate in the evening, but although high carb (thanks to the yam) it was also low fat. My guts were rather active overnight :-@ Yam is like very dense potato. Not un-pleasing.

I ate earlier than I should have, due to meetings, so it was only a 15-hour fast.

Today I think I will fast to stabilise my intestines, then hit a big steak in the evening.

0 comments: