Wednesday 22 April 2009

A Taxing 300 Workout

Location: Woodcock Sports Centre, Aston University

Cheat 300 Workout - I have updated the post on this to reflect that I now do dumbbell snatch instead of clean and press, and why.

Time: 24:56

This was 30 seconds slower than the last time, in spite of the easier snatch exercise. This was partly because I took longer setting up for the floor wipers than usual, but partly because I was very tired - I was up late burning the midnight oil working on Paleo/Primal in a Nutshell Part 2!

Perhaps because I was tired, it felt like one of the most taxing workouts I have done for a while. I was out of my comfort zone most of the time - which Rusty at Fitness Black Book suggests is the way forward for fat burning.

I am going on holiday, walking in the Lake District for the next 4 days, so I will be taking a break from resistance exercise of any kind. After reading Natural Messiah's recent post, this seems like a good idea, especially given how hard today felt. I am also inspired by Chris at Conditioning Research's recent photos to come back with some of my own to share. I only hope we get the same kind of weather.

0 comments: