Thursday 7 May 2009

Bodyweight, Traditional and Tabata Combo

Quick Starter:
Swing-Assisted, Uneven Muscle Up - 1 success!
Raise-assisted handstand push ups - 1 rep with 2 x 20kg plates under head.
Tuck Front Lever - 30 seconds, back as straight as I could get it.
Frog stand - 30 seconds, arms pretty straight.

Main Event:
Dumbell Bench Press 5 x 5 @30kg (help on last set)
Weighted Chin Ups 5 x 5 @15kg (12.5 kg on last)
Basketball Rollouts (3 x 7)

Finisher: Mixed Tabata Intervals - using dumbbells, 2 rounds. Some light stretching.

Total time: 40 minutes

Post Workout Nutrition: this, an hour later

This is a bit more than I normally do in a session and at the outer limits of the time I like to spend training. My training partner has returned from his travels and, as ever, wanted to do a more traditional workout. So it was back to the 5x5 routine with 45 seconds rest between sets. I do enjoy this, so was happy to oblige.

But I could not resist throwing in some bodyweight stuff while he warmed up and - to punish him for his absence - I insisted we do a deuce of tabata mixed circuits, which is pretty tough after any workout. He omitted the burpees and star jumps due to a sore knee and was still pretty zonked by the end.

I am now going to rest for a week. Yes, I said a week. Let's see how that works out.

0 comments: