Saturday 21 February 2009

Deadlifts and Pull-Ups with an Upper Circuit Finisher

Frog Stand - 60 seconds, arms nearly straight, form becoming poor towards the end.
Pull Ups - 5 x 5
Stiff-Legged Deadlift - 2 x 5 @ 110kg, 1 x 10 @ 100kg, 1 x 1 @ 120kg
Kneeling Rope Crunches - 3 x 20 @ 37.5kg

Finisher: 400 Upper Body Blaster - 10 minutes 5 seconds

In spite of what I thought would be a crippling knee injury on Wednesday, today's workout went surprisingly smoothly.

My research suggests I sprained my Medial Collateral Ligament. I was so tired coming to the end of a set of 15 that I positioned my foot lazily on the first part of the movement and had insufficient momentum to pull myself forward, which caused my left leg to bend too much and at an angle. Ouch.

I have been taking serrapeptase to reduce what little inflammation there is and avoiding unneccessary walking and stairs, and it seems to be healing well. The Web sites say 3 weeks before doing anything with the leg but I am quite sure I'll be carefully doing something by the end of next week. I presume that timeframe is aimed at someone with the average diet.

0 comments: